Friday 4 November 2011

Main Task: Introduction

My name is Jessica Effah. I am studying AS media at Christ The King Sixth Form College. For my main task of my media coursework I will be creating a music magazine. The genre I will choose for my magazine will be neo soul. I am deciding to pick neo soul as my genre because I feel that it is beautiful category of music that myself and many others can relate to. Neo soul is the fine line where hiphop meets jazz & then travels back to it's roots in Africa. I have good knowledge on neo soul and I appreciate the ambience, spirit & lyrics behind the music. Neo soul began with artists like Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill & D'angelo, however I feel that this genre is really underrated and it needs to get out into the mainstream music world because neo soul is what we should class as authentic music which speaks to our inner soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment