The most difficult part was after I rasterized some of the text I had to transform it so that I could get the same effect as the original cover.
The tools that I used mostly for this task was the text tool; so that I could type, the eye dropper tool; to enable me to get the right colours, the rectangular tool; to add shapes, and the move tool; so I could move things into the right place. I used the quick selection & magic wand tool once so that I could put Christopher Nolan's head infront of the "Empire" title.
I used the toggle button so that I could change the colour, font & size of my text.
I have realised that the main subject in the magazine has to be almost as big and as bold as the title. I also noticed how the other subjects must not get in the way of the main image and that they go around the sides of the front cover. I have also realised that vivid colours are used in the text as well as many capital letters.
|This is my re-creation of the magazine cover|
|This is the original cover|